Save Money on Plant-Based, Vegan and Vegetarian Diets
A vegan diet is the healthiest diet on the planet, so the long-term savings in health expenses and extra days of being able to work saves you money all by itself.
1. Despite all those pushing for “Grain Fed Beef” and “Organic Dairy” – which may be healthier than their factory-farmed counterparts – they’re not healthier than a vegan diet, and budget-wise, they cannot even compare.
2. Focus on whole foods, and try to get the most nutrients for every dollar you spend.
3. Avoid Vegan Processed junk! Fake Meat (aka Meat Analogs), Fake Cheese, Fake Milk, Fake Butter – these things are budget-breakers.
4. To prevent food from going bad, make use of your freezer instead! That way, it won’t expire even if you don’t eat it right away.
5. Focus on dry pantry staples and frozen vegetables for the backbone of your diet.
6. Focus on what called “Peasant Food” – meals based around grains, beans and lentils. They are filling and last long in storage.
7. In order to save as much money as possible, make sure to grow vegetables that can be easily stored, choose vegetables that are expensive in the store, and do your research.
Eating healthy can become expensive if you aren’t careful. However, if you follow the strategies detailed above, it can be affordable.